LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Why'd you have to be so god damned scary?

How did you spend your Doomsday? Were you worried about the rapture? Or did you use it as an excuse to party? I spent my last hours on Earth taking photos of the group of boys I call "the other jonas brothers." Mostly b/c the style they choose to shoot in reminds me of the Jo-bros. Oh and because there are 3 of them. We walked around Pasadena. We seems to be our calling spot. Taking phots in parking garages mostly.

It was like I had this idea wanted to try out on them. But when the shoot happened, it couldn't formulate the idea. It was like this little fleeting thought that flew away and didn't come back.

I spent my Doomsday night at the Roxy. Taking photos of fabulous and not so fabulous bands. During the first band, Queen Caveat, security pulled me aside. I was like oh F*** now what. Well, I wasn't supposed to shoot w/o permission. I don't know if the venue changed it's rules or if I've just gotten away with it before, but I had to go talk to like 3 different people, and finally, I got permission. It's funny. I don't really see myself as a professional photographer. Mostly b/c I rarely get paid. I do feel much more confident about my photos than I used to. I know I take decent pictures. But I get treated like a professional when I'm out in public. I guess if I get treated like a professional maybe it's only a matter of time before I truely am a profession.

Here's a little present to dance along the day doomsday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE0HHqSjROs

No comments:

Post a Comment