LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Friday, May 6, 2011

On the outside looking in

It's hard when you are on the outside looking in. When you feel like you are always on the outside looking in. You forget that sometimes, other people look at you, look at your life, and see things as "perfect" or that you have it "easy." Sometimes I have people tell me that it's cool I have this "other" life where I go around the city, shooting in alleys, parks, or whatever weird place I can find. That I can set up shoots with people and get pretty photos. That four days of the week I am Ms. Therapist. The other days sometimes I'm a photographer. People who aren't close to me don't know how hard I work to put together my shoots usually for free. How much I stress over things. How hard it is for me to ask people sometimes. How I'm too scared to submit my photos to magazines b/c I'm scared they will tell me I'm awful. So next time, I am out there, watching people at Venice Beach or a show, how just because at that second, maybe it looks like they have it all friends, fun, maybe inside they are hurting, or maybe they have had to try hella hard too to get where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment