LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Sunday, February 26, 2012

We're not going quietly

I've been wanting to stretch myself with my photography. Not just with learning how to better use light and to use lights, but also to dabble in other kinds of photography. I got this assignment to capture LA fashions. Let me tell you, I wasn't sure if it would be easy or not. Having to walk up to strangers, explian what you want, to have them tell you no, or worse, to find out there were another set of girl's out taking photos for a magazine (or blog) and that they were beating us to all the fabulously dressed people!!!!!! Oh the agony. Haha. No, but it was fun. I learned that I can take a rejection and keep going on to the next person. I would like to get some edgier dressed people. LA has so many edgy fashions, and I think capturing some of them would be pretty cool. Just gotta find my extroverison. These fashions will be posted in Coeus Magazine (coeusmagazine.com).

I also learned that los Angelicans appear to always be either a hurry or they look like they don't want to be bothered. Sigh. Where are all the happy, shiny people? Maybe at the Oscars?

No comments:

Post a Comment