LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Back to day 1

On my drive to work this morning, while watching the mountains pass me by, I was thinking about some of my first photo shoots. My very first shoot ever was with my friend, Liz. I had finally decided that I was going to stop saying I want to take photos and actually do it. So I spent more money than I had and bought me my first semi-professional camera. I gathered all of my guts, b/c back then, I wasn't used to just asking random people to shoot, and I asked her to shoot. And to my surprise, she said yes. A few days later, we met at this park by her house for the shoot. I barely even knew how to use the camera back then. I tried to pose her and she tried to pose herself, and we clicked away. Now today, 3 years and 10 months later, if we met at that same park, we would get a completely different outcome. In some ways, it's nice, to be past that beginning phase. I've done tons of shoots. I've been lucky and have been able to gain a lot of experience. Everyday I am still learning. I still make mistakes. The hardest part is moving past those mistakes and the thoughts in my head, to learn and move forward. I just wanted to thank all of you guys out there who have shot with me and given me the chance to do one of the things I love best, which is photography. So thank you! Here's to many more years of capturing moments with my camera. I will get into editing mode this weekend and edit lots of photos. So be on the lookout for some new work being posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment