LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Little C

Saturday. The day of fun, relaxation, and the whoohoo I don't have to work day (unless of course you do have to do work). I picked up little C at her house for her second ever photo shoot. I think she was a bit nervous. C is a sheltered child. You would realize it with her purple mohawk, but she is. Kind of shy, doesn't like a bunch of attention. So where did I bring her? To Echo Park of course! I told her it's a place full of either Hipsters or Mexicans. She was like oh boy. She wanted to do an alley shoot. And they have some great alleys off of Sunset. So in the mist of having a man who doesn't speak English wanting to tell her how to pose and random sleeping homeless people, we got our shoot done. C was a anxious at first, but once she hit the mark of actually getting comfortable, the photos started to come together. The highlight for me was the dude who was in some band playing at the Echo, asking us if we would mind if he peed. Why was that the highlight? Cause he was cute of course! Why else?

When I am out there, in the sun, the cold, or the wind taking photos, my mind is all over the place. I shoot fast. It's just what I do. I prolly take like 100 photos in half an hour or so. That means I am watching for lighting, model pose, expression, and photo framing all in these short little amouts of time. I think it's amazing I get any good photos at all. I know people visualize me standing out there, telling the model actually how to pose, and then having that model stay in that position for minutes at a time while I get lighting and framing right. WRONG. I tell the model to stand, I test for lighting, I say are you ready? They say yes or no. And then I shoot while not saying too much else. I may say stand, sit, hold that pose, or move more. That's it. I know. Not quite as glamorous as you thought huh? Well, that was a little peak into my world as a photographer. If you are curious about other parts of the process let me know by leaving a comment or message. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment