LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A thank you note...

I’m sitting here in my office, staring at my endless piles of work, and wondering which issue to tackle first.  I decided to screw all of that, and write a thank you note to all the amazing people who have donated to the clients at the agency I work at.  I normally write this is November (actually I did, but it never got posted!).

I work as a therapist for kids/teens with mental health disorders up in Palmdale.  If you don't know Palmdale, think mountains, desert, beautiful sunsets, Joshua Trees, and lots of poverty.  To bring something bright to the families we work with, we try to give a toy to every client (and siblings when we can) during the Holiday season.  I am an avid music lover.  The local So-cal music scene and I are great buddies.  As part of our "toy" drive, I have asked local and some not so local bands to donate to our clients for the holiday season.  This is the third year I’ve done this, and each year the outcome is more amazing.  I am truly thankful for all the bands, management agencies, and others who not just send me merch for the kids to enjoy, but who will sometimes give me so much more than what I asked for.  It fills my heart with joy and it makes me love music so much more (if that’s even possible!).  The kids really love getting the gifts.  I hear such positive responses from their therapists.  Plus the kids to discover new music and at times, become hard core fans of that music.  Thank you so much to all of you, you guys totally and completely rock!

Ashley Webb (awebb@childguidance.org)  
Video of Music Is Power: Video

Here's a list of the bands who have donated-show them some love! (For all of 2013)













One side dummy Records
Kate Nash (Myignorantyouth.com)











Croshal Entertainment Group (www.croshalgroup.com)

RedCircleUnderground(redcircleunderground.net)














Beware of Darkness (bewareofdarknessmusic.com)












The Material (wearethematerial.com)














Capital Cities (capitalcitiesmusic.com)



























Hanni El Khatib (hannielkhatib.com)












We Were Indians (wewereindians.com)
















Cayucas (cayucas.com)












Rival Tides (rivaltides.com)















Emancipator (emancipatormusic.com)




















Mowgli’s (themowglis.net)










Fortress Social Club (https://www.facebook.com/thefortresssocialclub)

No comments:

Post a Comment