LordAsh Photography- Located in Woodland Hills, CA

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Small surprises

Have you ever seen 40 president busts that are 2 stories high?  That was my yesterday.  I drive into this art space, and there are just heads and heads everywhere.  I couldn't figure out if it was really cool or really creepy.  I think we're going to go with cool. 

I get out of the car.  Look around.  President heads behind me.  A three story building with workers replacing the windows in front of me.  No sign of a blonde model.  I'm told to go to the third floor.  So I walk past the workers, all men, and climb the metal stairs to the third floor. I get to this huge open space, and there in the opposite corner, sitting down where I can barely see her, is the model.  I walk across the floor, wave tentatively, introduce myself.   Let the games begin. =)

I had 30 mins to shoot yesterday.  30 minutes!  I was like Regina, you're killing me here!  But we made magic.  Apparently when we are crunched for time, we all give our best from the beginning.  It was beautiful.  The lighting, the styling, the model, the location. 

Hoping for more magic while I'm here in Houston.  I still have 2 or 3 more shoots to do next week.  And I'm more than ready. 

2012-Thanks for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment